We all have rubbish or items that we want moving out of the way, but how should we go about it? With concern about the planet and the waste building up, it is only right and responsible to follow the government guidelines. It doesn’t have to be a stressful procedure! Just follow our do’s and dont’s of rubbish removal lincoln to be more environment aware and efficient with your rubbish removal.
- First and foremost use a registered waste carrier! These companies are in the know, and will responsibly remove your waste/rubbish. Not only will they do all the hard work, but they will do it right!
- Find out their waste carrier number – you can check this at the Environment Agency. It is important they have this, as then you know they are a legitimate company, working within government guidelines. Registering for a waste carrier licence is very easy, so for a carrier not to have one could imply that they are cowboys, and will most likely clear the waste illegally.
- Get recommendations, or ask around for a reliable, local company.
- Use a waste carrier without validating their details first.
- Don’t put (or hide!) hazardous waste in a normal rubbish bin. Details on how to manage this waste can be found on the NetRegs and DEFRA websites.
- It is best if hazardous waste is dealt with by someone with the necessary licence and experience.
- Fly tip your own rubbish or anyone elses. This is a criminal offence! There is a fine of up to £50,000 and/or 12 months in prison. People may come across as genuine, but if they fly tip, and the rubbish is traced back to you, you will be the one with the criminal record! With qualified waste carriers in your area, there really is no need to take the risk.